We are a Christ-centered, loving school community, providing a high standard of education for Christian families, built on a biblical worldview, inspiring Christ-like character and service to God and the world.
- Loving School Community: VCS is a school community where we are learning to love one another as Christ loves us. We value and commit to be a distinctively caring academic community where people come alongside one another with support, encouragement, accountability and grace..
- High Standard of Education: VCS is committed to an academic rigor that exceeds the common expectations for educational attainment. We value educational standards that equip students to rise to the highest level of academic achievement given their unique talents and abilities.
- Christian Families: VCS values its partnership with families who acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and who share biblical values as born again believers.
- Biblical Worldview: VCS views the full extent of its curriculum and all of life through the lenses of God’s revealed Word. We value the opportunity to mentor students and teach the Bible as the absolute truth and foundation for everything said and done.
- Christ-like Character: VCS values every effort to inspire and equip students to exemplify Christ and His teachings in all aspects of their lives..
- Service: VCS values the promotion of selfless acts of generosity and service to one another and to a hurting and broken world in the name of and for the sake of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God and is the only rule for faith and practice.
- We believe in one God who exists in three persons: the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit and that these three are co-equal, co-eternal and co-essential.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for the sins of the world, was buried and rose again. We believe that He is ascended and is seated at the Father’s right hand where He now intercedes for all true believers.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is come to convict the world of sin; that he comes to teach and guide believers into all truth; that He permanently indwells every true believer in Christ; that He wants to fill, control and empower each believer for service; that all who believe in Christ are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the church, the body of Christ.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but in Adam’s fall, every person is a sinner both by birth and by practice. We believe that every person must be born again in order to be forgiven of his sin and saved from eternal separation from God.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith apart from works and that every true believer will be kept saved forever by the power of God, and that this faith is personally to be in Christ’s substitutionary death on our behalf.
- We believe that the privilege and responsibility of every Christian is to grow into spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the pre-millennial, pre-tribulation rapture of the church. We believe that the earth will then go through seven years of tribulation and then Jesus Christ will return to earth with his saints to set up his millennial kingdom.
- We believe that the true church is one body composed of all believers, with Jesus Christ as head.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are scriptural ordinances to be observed by the church today.
A complete doctrinal statement is available upon request at the school office.